Kyleena®: smallest T-body and narrowest insertion tube available in a 5-year IUS
With a 3.8 mm insertion tube:
- Placement of Kyleena® is considered easy in 90% of women, regardless of parity.1,2
- 96% success rate at first insertion attempt.1
- Women rated the pain of placement as 'none' or 'mild' in 65% of cases. Almost one-third of women received analgesia prophylactically.2
- Nelson A, et al. Obstet Gynecol, 2013;122:1205–1213.
- Nelson AL, et al. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol, 2017;10(8):833–842.
After 3 years, 89% said they were 'very satisfied' or 'somewhat satisfied' with Kyleena.*
In this Phase III study, 2885 nulliparous and parous women aged 18–35 years were randomized to LNG‐IUS 8 or LNG-IUS 12 for 3 years. After 3 years, women using LNG-IUS 12 could continue for up to 2 additional years (5 years total). The primary outcome was occurrence of pregnancy (Pearl Index). Secondary outcomes included safety, bleeding, dysmenorrhea, discontinuations, and user satisfaction.
*Study dates: From August 2007 through May 2008.
Adapted from: Gemzell-Danielsson K, et al. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 2017;210:22–28.
Kyleena®: Frequently asked questions
Below you will find answers to some commonly asked questions that you may find useful when assessing appropriate contraceptive options for patients or counselling patients on contraception choice and Kyleena® (19.5 mg intrauterine delivery system levonorgestrel).